The ANU Indonesia Project and the SMERU Research Institute would like to congratulate the recipients of the 2017-2018 Research Grants. The research recipients were selected after a rigorous selection process. We received a high number of excellent applications for this year’s grants.
Below is the list of recipients in alphabetical order.
- Dr Aditya Perdana (University of Indonesia) and Dr Benjamin Hillman (ANU). Research topic: Political parties and women’s parliamentary representation in post-Suharto Indonesia: the role of women’s wings.
- Dr Arif Wibowo (Research Institute for Inland Fisheries) and Dr Lee Baumgartner (Charles Sturt University). Research topic: Assessing the importance and effectiveness of fish passage connectivity to enhance sustainability of inland fishery resources in Indonesian river: a case study of Komering River, South Sumatera, Indonesia.
- Professor Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana (Padjajaran University) and Dr Diana Contreras-Suarez (Monash University). Research topic: Gender wage differences in Indoensia: does education mismatch matter?
- Dr Cindy Priadi (University of Indonesia) and Dr Clement Duvert (Charles Darwin University). Research topic: Identifying tracers to quantify water contamination sources and pathways in a highly urbanised catchment: the case of Ciliwung River.
- Dr Elan Satriawan (Gadjah Mada University/TNP2K) and Professor Robert Hoffmann (RMIT University). Research topic: Discouraging dishonest behavior in self-targeting social protection program selection: an artefactual field experiment in Indonesia.
- Mr Haryono P Kamase (University of Tadulako) and Dr Harun (University of Canberra). Research topic: An evaluation on the framework and practice of the financial management and accountability system under village decentralisation policy in Indonesia.
- Mr Ihsan Ali-Fauzi (Paramadina University) and Associate Professor Greg Fealy (ANU). Research topic: Alternative dispute resolution of religious conflict and discrimination.
- Professor Mohtar Mas’oed (Gadjah Mada University) and Dr Antje Missbach (Monash University). Research topic: Critical evaluation on Indonesia’s Presidential Regulation 125/2016 on Foreign refugees.
- Ms Rachmalina Soerachman (National Institute of Health Research and Development (NIHRD) and Dr Jerico Franciscus Pardosi (University of New South Wales). Research topic: Constructing women’s opportunity and participation in reproductive health rights and services in rural Alor, Nusa Tenggara Timur.
- Dr Robertus Robet (Universitas Negeri Jakarta) and Dr David McRae (University of Melbourne). Research topic: Academics and elections in Indonesia: the 2014 Presidential Elections and 2017 Jakarta Gubernatorial Elections.
- Dr Wiratni Budhijanto (Gadjah Mada University) and Dr Roman Buckow (CSIRO). Research topic: Production of Omega-3 Fatty Acid (EPA) from palm oil side product using anaerobic acidogenic process.
- Dr Vid Adrison (University of Indonesia) and Dr Yogi Vidyattama (University of Canberra). Research topic: Mining licenses, land use conflict and local district head election.
Congratulations once again and we hope that the grants will boost long term research cooperation between the Indonesian and Australian researchers.